Sunday, 2 December 2012

A close network

A busy day:
  • An early start: I was in the band and A was running the Sunday School.  Sometimes I've been a bit stressed on a Sunday morning, but this week was lovely and relaxed.  I enjoyed playing. And a visitor came up to me during the break to say he'd have liked the bass to be louder! I'm not used to that ;o)
  • We had lunch in town (the same choices as last week!)
  • Afternoon tea in Plumbland village hall for a farewell do.  They're heading south to help with their grandkids
    • I was touched by how many people were there, and the different groups we represented.  They've been involved in running an activity centre near Bassenthwaite, working at the Keswick Convention, and supporting the schoolswork in the area.  I know that she's been a great support to my friends who've needed a shoulder to lean on.
  • Back home for an hour or two...
  • ...then out again for the youth service.  I've not been for over 10 years, and enjoyed seeing the young people gathering to worship God and listen to good teaching.  I'm glad I've become involved again.
I've had a lovely day.  I appreciated seeing different strands of the local Christian community are intertwined through relationships and faithful work over many years.  We're part of a long history in this area.  So encouraging :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment