Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Quick catch up...

I didn't do an awful lot on Saturday... I read P&P, went into town for lunch and the weekly shop, knitted while I watched the rugby (we lost of course), read some more, had tea, and kept reading until I'd finished the book!  It was about midnight by then, so I was pretty sleepy on Sunday (not helped by A coming to bed quite a bit later and unintentionally waking me up!)  I was very glad of the lazy day though, and I appreciated the luxury of being able to get lost in a book.

A was running the Sunday School so we were through for church in good time.  I felt prompted to read a bit from Isaiah 40 during the meeting; a quick summary would be: He's huge, He created everything, we can't even begin to understand or advise Him, and yet He takes notice of us.  Amazing!

I helped out at the local youth service which is run every other month by the organisation I've become involved with (NISCU).  It's great to see young people getting to know God for themselves - the message was about having a faith which sticks; life isn't always going to be easy but we can trust God.

And at work... we've finally got started on the production trial which refused to behave last week.  We'd lost 3 days' running time for an unrelated reason which was just so frustrating.  Today was our next attempt and, as I write, we seem to have finally started making the right quality.  There's still one reliability issue to deal with, but if we get through to tomorrow the spare part will arrive and we can fix that too.  It's been so encouraging to see everyone pulling together on this - I do enjoy working with my colleagues and the sense of family we have there.

No comments:

Post a Comment